- ORCKA Canoe Instructor Course Select the number of participants
- ORCKA Moving Water Instructor Course Challenge EVALUATION ONLY - This 2-day version is only for challenging the course. Strong teaching and skills are expected
An accelerated Moving Water Canoe Instructor Course dedicated to bringing students with strong paddling abilities to the level of an instructor and to learn the ins and outs of running an ORCKA Moving Water Canoe course on their own in a condensed timeframe.
This 4 day shortened instructor challenge course with two days of coaching followed by 1 day of skills evaluation and 1 day of instruction evaluation.
Participants will have the opportunity to become certified in ORCKA Moving Water Canoeing level 1, 2 or 3 skills depending on their abilities, as well as earning Moving Water Canoeing Instructor 1 or 2 level certification.
Included in the cost:
- ORCKA Instructor Manual
- Certification Fees
- Solo and Tandem Canoe Rental
Not Included in the course cost
- Camping at Paddler Co-op
- ORCKA Instructor Membership Fee
- Paddler Co-op Annual Membership Fee
- Skills evaluation prior to the course
Due to the nature of this abbreviated instructor course, it is recommended that anyone interested in participating book a one day skill assessment prior to participation, or have advanced paddling skills (confidence making a variety of moves in class 2 & 3 whitewater) prior to registering.
These will be full days with lots of hands-on content throughout. Plan to pack river-ready snacks and to brush up on skills beforehand! Have you already taken an instructor course and are ready to challenge the test? Skip out on the coaching days and head straight into evaluation – note that we cannot guarantee a pass.
Please contact Ryan at 613-334-8423 if you have specific questions.