This course is perfect for beginners! Try out a new whitewater discipline in a kayak or canoe in beautiful Ontario. Our guides are the best of the best when it comes to teaching first-time paddlers.
Overnight Camping: Public & non-members welcome!
Enjoy Madawaska River camping at our beautiful facility on the banks of the river. With no designated tent spots, our campground is designed to accommodate many people dispersed through our old growth pines.
Reservations are NOT required. Drop-ins & non-members welcome!
If you arrive when the office is closed, please make yourself at home and check in the following morning or utilize the drop box for camping fees or our online payments.
- River access below Palmer Rapids Dam
- Swim off the Paddler Co-op dock
- Covered outdoor sinks with potable running water
- Outdoor kitchen area with nighttime lighting & potable water
- Large open campfire pit with firewood
- Propane BBQs
- Picnic tables
- Community fridge
- Access to electrical outlets in the boathouse
- Indoor teaching facility complete with tables, benches & whiteboards
- Pickerel, carp, bass, and lake trout fishing
- Trailers welcome for additional fees – $35 with limited hydro access, no sewer access
- Friendly pets welcome on a leash & if cleaned up after
- Unattended, unleashed & unfriendly pets not welcome