Tune up your whitewater skills! Experience the latest instruction style and techniques when you take an Ontario whitewater course with Paddler Co-op. Work on steering strokes, self-rescues, and more.
- Rates are Per Person Per Day
- Group Courses - 3+ participants
- Private Courses - 1 or 2 Participants
Beginner Whitewater Courses in Ontario
Try out a new whitewater discipline with Paddler Co-op! Learn to paddle and read the rapids safely in a kayak or canoe. These courses are two days long and start on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Recommended for folks who:
- Are EXPERIENCED lake paddlers & trippers looking to gain new skills in whitewater
- Have NEVER experienced whitewater paddling
- Have had SOME whitewater paddling experience but no formal training
- Paddle whitewater less than a FEW times a season
- Want to try a new whitewater BOAT or discipline
- Haven’t paddled in YEARS and want to “dust the rust off”
- Want to LEARN to paddle with a new partner who has no experience
What will I learn?
We specialize in tailoring our program to suit your needs – every course is a bit unique and will cover:
- Equipment fit and internationally recognized safety practices
- How to enjoy whitewater paddling and have fun on the river!
- Learn whitewater swimming and industry standard self-rescue skills
- Strokes and techniques to move your boat and stay on line
- How to perform the most common whitewater maneuvers in a canoe or kayak
- How to identify whitewater hazards and read the river (scouting)
- How to improve your paddling skills with feedback and coaching from our professional instructors
- Achieve your specific paddling goals (upon request, at the instructor’s discretion)
- How to be a responsible and inclusive paddler and develop an appreciation for our rivers!
Book into a scheduled course or gather your friends and organize your custom adventure! Group discounts (15%) for 5 or more paddlers and (20%) family discount rates available.
Can I book online?
Absolutely! Our calendar has our current program listings available in real time:
- Click the “Book Now” button on the right on the page
- Select your desired date from the calendar
- Select the number of paddlers per discipline from the dropdown menu
- Fill out the paddler’s specs form for and relevant comments on gear sizing -> click “Add to cart”
- Enter your payment info -> click “Complete and Pay” – You’re all set!
- You’ll receive an email receipt and confirmation outlining what to expect and prepare for before your course
What does it cost?
Prices vary depending on your needs, but generally speaking:
- $10 Annual membership fee – to join our member-owned co-operative!
- $320 group instruction fee (3 paddlers or more) – private courses available at additional cost
- $80/boat rental (tandem canoes need only 1 boat per 2 paddlers)
- $10/gear piece rental (helmet, paddle, pfd or skirt)
- $13-18/person/night camping
Questions about this course? Give us a call 613-758-2772 or send us an email [email protected] to learn more or request a custom course