Tune up your whitewater skills! Experience the latest instruction style and techniques when you take an Ontario whitewater course with Paddler Co-op. Work on steering strokes, self-rescues, and more.
- Rates are Per Person
- Group Courses - 3+ participants
- Semi Private Courses - 2 participants
- Private Courses - 1 Participant
Beginner Whitewater Courses in Ontario
Try out a new whitewater discipline with Paddler Co-op! Learn to paddle and read the rapids safely in a kayak or canoe. These courses are two days long and start on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Recommended for folks who:
- Are EXPERIENCED lake paddlers & trippers looking to gain new skills in whitewater
- Have NEVER experienced whitewater paddling
- Have had SOME whitewater paddling experience but no formal training
- Paddle whitewater less than a FEW times a season
- Want to try a new whitewater BOAT or discipline
- Haven’t paddled in YEARS and want to “dust the rust off”
- Want to LEARN to paddle with a new partner who has no experience
What will I learn?
We specialize in tailoring our program to suit your needs – every course is a bit unique and will cover:
- Equipment fit and internationally recognized safety practices
- How to enjoy whitewater paddling and have fun on the river!
- Learn whitewater swimming and industry standard self-rescue skills
- Strokes and techniques to move your boat and stay on line
- How to perform the most common whitewater maneuvers in a canoe or kayak
- How to identify whitewater hazards and read the river (scouting)
- How to improve your paddling skills with feedback and coaching from our professional instructors
- Achieve your specific paddling goals (upon request, at the instructor’s discretion)
- How to be a responsible and inclusive paddler and develop an appreciation for our rivers!
Book into a scheduled course or gather your friends and organize your custom adventure! Group discounts (15%) for 5 or more paddlers and (20%) family discount rates available on instruction costs.
Can I book online?
Absolutely! Our calendar has our current program listings available in real time:
- Click the “Book Now” button on the right on the page
- Select your desired date from the calendar
- Select the number of paddlers per discipline from the dropdown menu
- Fill out the paddler’s specs form for and relevant comments on gear sizing -> click “Add to cart”
- Enter your payment info -> click “Complete and Pay” – You’re all set!
- You’ll receive an email receipt and confirmation outlining what to expect and prepare for before your course
What does it cost?
Prices vary depending on your needs, but generally speaking:
- $10 Annual membership fee – to join our member-owned co-operative!
- $339 group instruction fee (3 paddlers or more) – private courses available at additional cost
- $80/boat rental (tandem canoes need only 1 boat per 2 paddlers)
- $10/gear piece rental (helmet, paddle, pfd or skirt)
- $13-18/person/night camping
What happens if I sign up & pay for a group course but there are not the required 3 participants for the course to run?
We will call you 14 days prior to your booking start date to discuss options:
- Alter your course for private or semi private (two participants) instruction. This option includes additional fees for instruction.
2.Rebook your course to join a group that already exists to secure the group pricing.
- We do our best to find folks to join group courses to insure that everyone is able to get the course, date and rate they want but it is not always possible.
Questions about this course? Give us a call 613-758-2772 or send us an email [email protected] to learn more or request a custom course