New to whitewater or a seasoned veteran? We have a course for you! Try out a new whitewater discipline or brush up on skill in beautiful Ontario with our experienced and professional instructors.
One Day Whitewater Packrafting
- Person - Group Course Priced per Person
- Private Group Course Up to 5 People
Whitewater Entry-Level Paddling Program
New to whitewater? Packrafting is an entry-level paddling program that introduces new paddlers into the world of whitewater in an informative, fun, safe and hands-on way, packed with adventure!
This is a one day course offered on Mondays, Saturdays and Sundays
Recommended for folks who:
- Have NEVER experienced whitewater paddling
- Want to “try out” whitewater before committing to a 2 day skill-focused course
- Want to focus more on fun and engagement than skill development
- Want to try a new whitewater BOAT or discipline
- Want to have a fun day on the water with their friends or family (see Private Group instruction rate below)
What will I learn?
We specialize in tailoring our program to suit your needs – every course is a bit unique and will cover:
Equipment fit and internationally recognized safety practices
- How to enjoy whitewater paddling and have fun on the river!
- Learn rescue skills and controlled swimming in whitewater
- Strokes and techniques to move your boat easily and safely
- How to perform the most common whitewater maneuvers
- How to identify whitewater hazards and read the river (scouting)
- How to improve your paddling skills with feedback and coaching from our professional instructors
- Achieve your specific paddling goals
- How to be a responsible and inclusive paddler and develop an appreciation for our rivers!
- Book into a scheduled course or gather your friends and organize your custom adventure!
Can I book online?
Absolutely! Our calendar has our current program listings available in real time:
- Click the “Book Now” button on the right on the page
- Select your desired date from the calendar
- Select the number of paddlers per discipline from the dropdown menu
- Fill out the paddler’s specs form for and relevant comments on gear sizing -> click “Add to cart”
- Enter your payment info -> click “Complete and Pay” – You’re all set!
- You’ll receive an email receipt and confirmation outlining what to expect and prepare for before your course
What does it cost?
Prices vary depending on your needs, but generally speaking:
- $10 annual membership fee – to join our member-owned co-operative!
- $180/person group instruction fee (3 paddlers or more), gear included (boat, helmet, pfd and paddle) OR Private Group instruction of $800 (max 5 paddlers), gear included
- $13-18/person/night camping
What happens if I sign up & pay for a group course but there are not the required 3 participants for the course to run?
We will call you 14 days prior to your booking start date to discuss options:
1. Alter your course for private or semi private (two participants) instruction. This option includes additional fees for instruction.
2. Reschedule your course to join a (larger) group to secure the group pricing.
We do our best to find folks to join group courses to insure that everyone is able to get the course, date and rate they want but it is not always possible.
Questions about this course? Give us a call 613-758-2772 or send us an email [email protected] to learn more or request a custom course.