New to whitewater or a seasoned veteran? We have a course for you! Try out a new whitewater discipline or brush up on skill in beautiful Ontario with our experienced and professional instructors.
Big Water Weekend Refresher
Start your spring off on the right foot!
Our Big Water Refresher course is all about reacquainting yourself with springtime higher water flows and learning big-water specific theories and skills in a professional and safety-conscious environment. This course will be especially helpful for experienced paddlers at the intermediate level.
This weekend course provides a day of theory and skill development at Palmer Rapids, followed by a day-long river trip down the lower Madawaska so you can train for your big water lines and try out some new moves under the safety and guidance of a professional instructor!
Book your spring tune-up today!
Call to book! A booking fee applies when you book online.
- Drysuit (or dry top & wetsuit combination) and base layers, neoprene cap and gloves/mitts/pogies are recommended in case of chilly temperatures
- Bagged lunch and a dry bag (soups and hot drinks are great at this time of year!)
- Change of clothing for the end of the day
- Reusable water bottle
- sunglasses & sunscreen
- If camping, toque, mitts and extra warm layers in the event of chilly evenings
- Your paddling gear! (Boat, paddle, helmet, pfd, skirt, etc.) we also have rentals available