Palmer River Fest Covid Edition
A weekend event to celebrate the season and to raise money for the 2021 season of kids programs and youth courses.
- This will be a Covid-19 conscious event, please come prepared and expecting to wear something that covers your nose, mouth and chin when you are unable to keep a distance of 2m (6 feet) on land.
The Festival Weekend
Perfect for EVERYONE: brand new beginner or intermediate or expert paddlers!
Here is what to expect:
- Saturday & Sunday: 4 Instructional Whitewater Clinics running Saturday am/pm and Sunday am/pm (High Quality, Safely Facilitated)
- Kid Friendly Whitewater Kayak Clinics (ages 8+)
- Youth Whitewater Kayak Clinics
- On-site camping Friday & Saturday for clinic participants and their companions.
- Live Music Saturday Night for your physically distanced enjoyment
- Radical Raffle: Sweet Prizes & Swag!
- PRF proceeds go towards funding our kid & youth programs
- Food Vendor: receive one lunch voucher with your weekend ticket and more available to purchase during the event
Registration/Check In: Friday, September 18th @5 pm- 8:30 pm OR Saturday, September 19 @7:30 am- 8:45 am
Arrive Friday pm, stay and celebrate all day Saturday & Sunday. Leave at your leisure Sunday or book an extra night and leave Monday.
- Paddler – $250 includes 4 clinics, camping Friday and Saturday nights, 1 raffle ticket and lunch voucher
- Kids Clinic Participant – $240 (Rentals included, one lunch voucher and camping for Friday and Saturday nights)
- Boats – $80/weekend (helmet, paddle, PFD and skirt included)
- Gear Pieces – $10/item/weekend (helmet, paddle, PFD or skirt)
- Non Participating Campers – $50/weekend includes 1 raffle ticket and one lunch voucher
- Camping is only available to spouses, partners or family members of participants.
- We wish we could host everyone but are committed to providing a safe and fun weekend.
- Dinner – Saturday night dinner voucher available for purchase with registration – $13.50 check out our menu
How to Book
- Select the ‘Book Now’ button
- Select a level to register for:
- Beginner – you have flat water experience or you may have even been in whitewater a few times but you do not have any formal instruction in this discipline (tandem canoe, solo canoe or kayak) or you are brand new with no experience
- Intermediate – you have had formal instruction in the last 5 years and you paddle 15+ days/year
- Select a discipline:
- Tandem Whitewater Canoe – you will be in a boat with another participant
- Solo Whitewater Canoe – you are alone in solo canoe
- Whitewater Kayaking – you are alone in a whitewater kayak
- Select the rental package you require
- Rental Package $80/weekend – whitewater boat, helmet, paddle pfd and skirt (when applicable)
- Individual gear piece $10/item/weekend
Note: In order to keep our numbers within the required limits, participants will register for one level (Intro, Intermediate or Advanced) and one discipline (Tandem Canoe, Solo Canoe or Kayak) and they will progress through this course with the same instructor and group all weekend.
What’s different this year?
- We have limited the number of participants and made this a private event. Our campground is only open to participants and their families/partners
- We will not have a beer garden. If you want to drink please bring your own CANS only please!
- Folks will be required to wear masks when 2m distance is not possible