New to whitewater or a seasoned veteran? We have a course for you! Try out a new whitewater discipline or brush up on skill in beautiful Ontario with our experienced and professional instructors.
Palmer River Festival
- Just Want to Hang Out
Palmer River Fest
Our legendary weekend event to open and close our paddling seasons! Come connect, celebrate and help us fundraise for our kids programs and youth courses.
- This will still be a Covid-19 conscious event, please come prepared to wash your hands & respect your fellow participants needs.
The Festival Weekend
Perfect for EVERYONE: Both land lovers & paddlers of all levels; brand new, beginner, intermediate or expert!
Here is what to expect:
- Saturday & Sunday: 4 Instructional Whitewater Clinics that will give you a glimpse into what a course with us will look like. Courses are offered in a condensed format on Saturday am/pm and Sunday am/pm (Though our clinics are short & sweet, they are safely facilitated by our fully trained instructors).
- Kid & Youth Friendly Whitewater Kayak Clinics (ages 8+)
- For Non-Paddlers:
- Guided interpretive hikes to hilltop views learning about local history, plants and wildlife, natural medicines and foraging
- On-site camping Friday & Saturday for participants (tents only)
- Though we welcome your trailer during our regular season, we can not accommodate trailers this weekend!
- Live Music Saturday Night
- Radical Raffle: Sweet Prizes & Swag!
- PRF proceeds go towards funding our kid & youth programs
- Saturday Lunch for Paddlers: if you are paddling, receive one Saturday lunch voucher.
- More food available for purchase on Saturday & Sunday.
Registration/Check In: Friday, May 19th @4 pm- 8:30 pm OR Saturday, May 20th @7:30 am- 8:45 am
Arrive Friday pm, stay and celebrate all day Saturday & Sunday. Leave at your leisure Sunday or book an extra night and leave Monday.
- Paddler – $290 (includes 4 clinics, tent camping Friday and Saturday nights, music admission and Saturday lunch voucher)
- Kids Paddling – $220 (Rentals included, one Saturday lunch voucher and camping for Friday and Saturday nights, music admission) (Ages 8-11)
- Youth Paddler – $250 (Rentals included, one Saturday lunch voucher and camping for Friday and Saturday nights, music admission) (Ages 11-14)
- Packrafter – $250 (Includes 1 day of instruction on Saturday OR Sunday, rentals, camping for Friday and Saturday nights, music admission)
- Hiker – $195 (Includes 2 guided 4hr hikes, camping for Friday and Saturday nights, music admission)
- Boats – $95/weekend (helmet, paddle, PFD and skirt included)
- Gear Pieces – $14/item/weekend (helmet, paddle, PFD or skirt)
- Non Participating Tent Campers – $60/weekend includes tent camping Friday & Saturday and access to events and vendors
- Pre Order some Meals –
- *Remember if you are a registered paddler, Saturday Lunch is already included in your package.
- Pre purchase Saturday Lunch – $13
- Pre purchase Saturday Dinner – $18
- Pre purchase Sunday Lunch -$13
- Meals for Cash Purchase on Site: Saturday Breakfast, Saturday Dinner, Sunday Breakfast, Sunday Lunch!
How to Book
- Select the ‘Book Now’ button
- Select a level to register for:
- Beginner – you have flat water experience or you may have even been in whitewater a few times but you do not have any formal instruction in this discipline (tandem canoe, solo canoe or kayak) or you are brand new with no experience
- Intermediate – you have had formal instruction in the last 5 years and you paddle 15+ days/year
- Advanced- you have had multiple formal instruction opportunities and paddle more than 15 +days/year.
- Select a discipline:
- Tandem Whitewater Canoe – you will be in a boat with another participant
- Solo Whitewater Canoe – you are alone in solo canoe
- Whitewater Kayaking – you are alone in a whitewater kayak
- Select the rental package you require
- Rental Package $95/weekend – whitewater boat, helmet, paddle pfd and skirt (when applicable)
- Individual gear piece $14/item/weekend
Note: In order to keep our numbers within the required limits, participants will register for one level (Intro, Intermediate or Advanced) and one discipline (Tandem Canoe, Solo Canoe or Kayak) and will progress through this course with the same instructor and group all weekend. _____________________________________________________
What’s different this year?
- No trailers! Unfortunately we don’t have space for trailers during the festival weekend.
- Pets must be leashed.
- We will not have a beer garden. If you want to drink please bring your own CANS only please!
- Folks are welcome to wear a mask if they wish & everyone is encouraged to wash hands!
This weekend was made possible with the help of the Government of Ontario and Festival and Events Ontario. You can find more information about other amazing festivals and events by clicking here!