New to whitewater or a seasoned veteran? We have a course for you! Try out a new whitewater discipline or brush up on skill in beautiful Ontario with our experienced and professional instructors.
Palmer River Festival
Palmer River Fest Covid Edition
A weekend event to celebrate the season and to raise money for the 2022 season of kids programs and youth courses.
- This will be a Covid-19 conscious event, please come prepared and expecting to wear something that covers your nose, mouth and chin when you are unable to keep a distance of 2m (6 feet) on land.
The Festival Weekend
Perfect for EVERYONE: brand new beginner or intermediate or expert paddlers!
** New this year! Art retreat, Interpretive Hiking, and Packrafting! **
Here is what to expect:
- Saturday & Sunday: 4 Instructional Whitewater Clinics running Saturday am/pm and Sunday am/pm (High Quality, Safely Facilitated)
- Kid & Youth Friendly Whitewater Kayak Clinics (ages 8+)
- For Non-Paddlers:
- Art retreat with two days of facilitated plein air painting/sketching in a natural wilderness setting
- Guided interpretive hikes to hilltop views learning about local history, plants and wildlife, natural medicines and foraging
- On-site camping Friday & Saturday for clinic participants and their companions (tents only)
- Live Music Saturday Night for your physically distanced enjoyment
- Radical Raffle: Sweet Prizes & Swag!
- PRF proceeds go towards funding our kid & youth programs
- Food Vendor: receive one lunch voucher with your weekend ticket and more available to purchase during the event
Registration/Check In: Friday, May 20th @4 pm- 8:30 pm OR Saturday, May 21st @7:30 am- 8:45 am
Arrive Friday pm, stay and celebrate all day Saturday & Sunday. Leave at your leisure Sunday or book an extra night and leave Monday.
- Paddler – $260 (includes 4 clinics, camping Friday and Saturday nights, music admission and Saturday lunch voucher)
- Kids Paddling – $200 (Rentals included, one Saturday lunch voucher and camping for Friday and Saturday nights, music admission)
- Youth Paddler – $230 (Rentals included, one Saturday lunch voucher and camping for Friday and Saturday nights, music admission)
- Hiker – $180 (Includes 2 guided 4hr hikes, one lunch voucher, camping for Friday and Saturday nights, music admission)
- Artists – $180 (Includes 2 facilitated art days, one lunch voucher, camping for Friday and Saturday nights, music admission – art supplies not included)
- Boats – $90/weekend (helmet, paddle, PFD and skirt included)
- Gear Pieces – $12/item/weekend (helmet, paddle, PFD or skirt)
- Non Participating Campers – $55/weekend includes one lunch voucher
- Camping is only available to spouses, partners or family members of participants.
- We wish we could host everyone but are committed to providing a safe and fun weekend.
- Dinner – Saturday night dinner voucher available for purchase with registration – $13.50
How to Book
- Select the ‘Book Now’ button
- Select a level to register for:
- Beginner – you have flat water experience or you may have even been in whitewater a few times but you do not have any formal instruction in this discipline (tandem canoe, solo canoe or kayak) or you are brand new with no experience
- Intermediate – you have had formal instruction in the last 5 years and you paddle 15+ days/year
- Select a discipline:
- Tandem Whitewater Canoe – you will be in a boat with another participant
- Solo Whitewater Canoe – you are alone in solo canoe
- Whitewater Kayaking – you are alone in a whitewater kayak
- Select the rental package you require
- Rental Package $90/weekend – whitewater boat, helmet, paddle pfd and skirt (when applicable)
- Individual gear piece $12/item/weekend
Note: In order to keep our numbers within the required limits, participants will register for one level (Intro, Intermediate or Advanced) and one discipline (Tandem Canoe, Solo Canoe or Kayak) and they will progress through this course with the same instructor and group all weekend.
What’s different this year?
- Art retreat!
- Guided Interpretive Hikes!
- We have limited the number of participants and made this a private event. Our campground is only open to participants and their families/partners
- We will not have a beer garden. If you want to drink please bring your own CANS only please!
- Folks will be required to wear masks when 2m distance is not possible
This weekend was made possible with the help of the Government of Ontario and Festival and Events Ontario. You can find more information about other amazing festivals and events by clicking here!